Monday 24 May 2010

Things that make it summer:

The dozen or so of you that read this (if my hit counter is right) may have noticed that true to form, I have started to forget about my blog. In fact I am considering abandoning it all together - 'just throwing things into the void'.
But I am not sure. I may just do it intermittently. Yeah I know, but I'll be doing it intermittently on purpose so I won't feel guilty about it.

Well now I just feel like I'm talking to myself. Justifying it to myself. 
Whatever.

Whatever. Sometimes I like to act like a stereotypical teenager because:
1: People assume teenagers are clichés anyway 
2: It's fun to be grumpy sometimes.

So, we've had summer. A scorcher of a weekend. I'm tanned, freckled, and slightly pink on my nose - all signs that it's sunny! According to old English folk-lore, it's summer when you can place your foot over ten garden daisies - we just had our grass cut so I can't check this out...
 The weather's also brought out the salad plants - you can see them growing by the hour! The chilli I stuck in the pot did not grow. Instead, one of the neighbours who heard of my gardening expertise, gave me a started chilli plant. Lovely.

The same neighbour offered me a job for an afternoon helping her at a cooking school, which I'm rather looking forward too. Probably because we watched Julie & Julia again, and I want to stride around booming 'BON APPETITE' (not ape tit) á la Julia Child. On the night we watched it with my Mother, I managed to set the grill on fire with a Linda McCartney Vegetarian sausage. Apparently I won't be allowed to do any actual cooking at the lesson now! 

Talking about summer (well, I was a bit ago...) I am SO excited about seeing Mumford & sons, Laura Marling and Johnny Flynn at Hop Farm Festival this summer! Thinking about it is almost making me hyperventilate... *Dooph* - that was the sound of me momentarily passing out.

I should probably do some photography soon, but all I've been doing recently is manual labour (I'll explain in a mo) and lazing about in the sun. Guessing it's not something people would be interested in seeing.

Those of you that know me probably don't see me as the best candidate for manual labour. I am a 5ft 4, 8.5stone 19-year old girl. I am not a brute. Yet I manage to uproot 5 tree stumps single-handedly. That's a lie, I used two hands and a fork. A gardening fork, not a kitchen fork - I would have to be a brute to it with a kitchen fork.
Therefore, I do not feel quite as guilty as I did before about not hitting the gym as much. My biceps are not starting to resemble iron girders, and I do have a funny twinge in my shoulder, but it feels so good to use my muscles again! (That makes me sound like a body builder... I'm really not)

I'm off to do some bench presses  eat some cake!

F xx





3 comments:

  1. Nooo you butt! I enjoy your blog, keep writing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, but I thinks it's just you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No it's not! I don't visit your blog 12 times a day :P
    And also, a readership takes time, and networking (commenting on other people's blogs with a link to your own etc), and a wee bit o' patience. I don't have one really either :)
    And also, maybe you can just write because you're good at it, and it's a place to jot down the happenings and random thoughts of your day without having to use a pen. Ah, modern technology! And it's a sort of achievement too!
    DON'T STOP BELIEVING! HOLD ON TO THE FEELING!

    ReplyDelete