Saturday 27 March 2010

Things I did yesterday

Before I tell you what I did yesterday, I want to tell you something I realised today. It's going to sound like something you say when you're drunk and have a thought that blows your mind -  though I wasn't drunk when this thought struck me.

Have you ever realised that everything will be 'yesterday' at some point? EVERYTHING in your life has, or will happen yesterday. And for that matter, everything was once tomorrow. Mind blowing. Maybe not. Impressed me though!


Ok, Back to business.
Yesterday I went to London with my dad. I hate London. I always forget that, and look forward to each trip with anticipation, that is, until I get there. Then I remember...

A list of things that make me dislike London:

  1. The underground. It smells, it's dirty, it's busy, everybody's really rude and I can't work out (in less than 5mins) how the hell it works. I know I should expect those things - there's even a rather rude song depicting all these traits. But it never ceases to disgust me
  2. It's very dirty. I literally had trouble breathing at one point, just from the lack of clean air. I'm a wimp and a country girl, I know. 
  3. Everybody's in a rush. I can do rushing, no problems. I just think people can be polite about it. You stand on someone (bad thing about being small - you get stood on a lot) there's no loss in saying 'sorry'!
I could go on, but I have realised that my posts seem to be rants more than anything!
Well that significantly cuts the amount of things I have to write about.

I love 'Alas I cannot swim' by Laura Marling. It's an amazing album that I have become completely infused by (strange use of the word, but it's the right one. And I'm sorry if my brackets always seem apologetic, but I'm just being polite and explaining myself.)
If you like Mumford and sons, Amy MacDonald, Noah and the Whale etc. then you should really check it out! (She also has just released another album, 'I speak because I can')

Lovely.

Also on the music front, I am one step closer to getting Isle of Wight tickets! Exciting stuff. 

Um, my pathological inability to keep this blog going is starting to kick in, but I shall do my utmost (not upmost) not to abandon it. 

F XX

No comments:

Post a Comment