Wednesday 24 March 2010

Things I forgot that you should also know:

Seeing as this blog is meant to be about my photography, I thought I should elaborate on what I do.
I am in no way professional, and the phrase 'keen amateur photographer' makes me think of old beardy men... I don't know why! I see people's pics on Flickr and feel insanely jealous that they are so amazing! (I'll post links to my favourites later)

SO WHAT AM I?
I'm on my gap year, and decided to spend a lot of money on a decent D-SLR (I'm not going to use loads of camera jargon on here, but shame on you if you don't know what a D-SLR is! Google it!)
Once I had this uber-amazing camera I thought it'd be a good idea to know how to use it - I signed up for an OU course, which was pretty intense but a lot of fun (have got results from end exam, aparantly I'm excellent. I can live with that).

Since that finished I've not had a lot to photograph, though have spent days at a time orchestrating/conducting/editing shoots. I still have a box of ideas - I just need people! On my Flickr (link on the right!) you can see some of my photos, (apparently not spelt photoes... potatoes is right, photoes is not.)

A LIST OF THINGS I LIKE TO PHOTOGRAPH:
  1. People, but I can be picky! I'd rather take my camera somewhere and shoot people that happen to be there than tell someone 'Be here and I will shoot you... with my camera.' 
  2. Vintage things, or things that look old. For example, on  my Flickr there is a pair of brogues that I am particularly proud of! I also like to give photos a vintage feeling when post-editing.
  3. Old buildings - I'm a texture junkie!
Other stuff:
I'm a bit patriotic, not in the three lions on the shirt way, but the what lovely green hills and beautiful trees. I love this country way. I also love tea. One of my dreams is to open a tea shop - not a tea room, but a shop that sells tea... every kind of tea. I shall call it Quinteassential

I love adventures. Call anything an adventure and I'm there! I may be scared and refuse at first, but whip out the 'A' word and I'll do it!

I really want to go to the Isle of Wight festival this summer. I will, just as soon as I buy our tickets!

I also really want to learn to surf this summer. This is slightly  hampered by the fact I have a huge irrational fear of sharks. I mean huge. 

That's all I can think of today! Please check out my Flickr, and feel free to leave comments here or there - I'm very nice and always appreciate them =P

TTFN xx

Ps. Haven't abandoned the blog yet! GO ME! 

No comments:

Post a Comment