Thursday 29 April 2010

Things that probably won't change your life:

I've been thinking a lot lately about things I have to do, not want, have to do before I get too old or kick the bucket. It's not my bucket list though -  I don't want to do these things because I'll die one day, I want to do them because I'm alive!

I want to go on an adventure. A real one - not base jumping or swimming with sharks (hell no!). Two of my friends and a randomer have separately told me that they want to travel through Africa รก la Long Way Down, and the more I think about it, the more I want to do it! Alternatively, I would really love to travel through Mongolia, if only for the Gers (Mongolian for yurt) and the landscape.
Maybe I'll take a few months off after uni and do it then. Not on my own though - I'll have to find like-minded people to make sure I get back...

I want to be as self-sufficient as I can be - I'm making a start on that already, but can't wait to do it for real.

I want to live on an island. Not forever, but a year or two, perhaps in a crofter style cottage or something.Self-sufficiency should help here... If an island is too problematic, the coast will do. I love the sea!

I want to see the Northern Lights. I just have to.

Think that's about it... They're not all  my aspirations in life - they're just things that I want to do.

F xx

Ps. Desert island songs please!!

No comments:

Post a Comment