Tuesday 13 April 2010

Things.

There's a bit in scrubs where Turk has an 'awesome' ringtone, and defies anyone not to dance to it, and as you can see, nobody can! My sister has a ring tone like this - perhaps with a little less bump'n'grind and a little more finger clicking, foot stomping (hear it here). As you can see, it's from Disney's The Princess and the Frog, which my sister loves in a way that no 21 year old ever should! You can find her posts (yes, multiple) here and here.

Don't get me wrong - I liked it - there were the jokes for older audiences, the occasional catchy tune (as you now know) and the most lovable Cajun fire-fly called Raymond!
But I do not love it like my sister does.

There are few things that can tear a sisterhood apart. This isn't one of them, but I wasn't willing to risk it. So in a bid to show my sister that I too find this film  'a beautiful return to the classic Disney' and 'lovely. Just lovely', I chose my favourite line from the film made her a picture: 
View in Flickr for better quality)


This took all of ten minutes, whilst also chatting on Skype, so as you can guess - not the picture I'm most invested in. It is, however, the most popular image on my Flickr, and has the most views in recently uploaded. Hmm. I was told if I got rid of the little crown and words I could sell it. I think that misses the point slightly, but thanks for the advice! =] 

My darling mother bought me a gift - a really beautiful Birdcage candle holder. I love it! Expect to see it in future photos...

In other news, I'm still playing the guitar. After years of biting my nails, I have finally stopped, only to have to constantly file them so I can play. Pah.
I've learnt some Laura Marling (The Captain and the Hourglass is my favourite at the mo) but have also got the tabs for Jeff Buckley's Hallelujah. (By the way, I've loved JB for years. He blows my mind!)
I'm not the nimblest at picking, and with the capo on 5th, it makes it difficult for my stubby fingers, so I play it at a quarter of Buckley's speed. I call it real speed because I don't want to call it stubby-finger-slow.  I think I may have driven everyone here mad. HAHA!

I forgot what else I was going to write - I got distracted by Hop Farm's amazing playlist. 

Oh well! 

F xx

No comments:

Post a Comment